What should I write to my sponsored child?
Children love receiving letters from their sponsors! It means so much to a child to know there is someone on the other side of the world to encourage and pray for them. Your letters don’t need to be long or detailed and you don’t need to write more than three or four times a year. You can also include photos with your letters as your sponsored child or children will love to see what you look like. If you’re not sure what to write, here are a few hints to help.
- Keep your letters simple and not too long.
- Talk about your family and your daily routine.
- Tell your sponsored child about your church.
- Share about your interests or hobbies.
- If you have pets, let your child know.
- Share favourite Bible verses.
- Send photos and pictures.
- Remind your child that you are praying for them.
- Ask questions about your sponsored child’s life and family.
- Ask if there is anything that you can pray for.
- Take time to encourage and praise them.
You can also visit the letter-writing area of our blog to read inspiring stories about the impact your words can have.