Can I visit my sponsored child?
Yes, you can visit your sponsored child! Every year, hundreds of our sponsors go on a visit and find meeting their sponsored child to be life-changing. The day you spend with your child will provide you with a unique insight into their culture and community. Plus, you'll see first-hand the difference your sponsorship is making.
Here are a few things you need to know about arranging a visit:
- You will need to have been supporting a child with Compassion for a least a year.
- You need to arrange your visit through our Tours and Visits team. Please get in touch with us at least 6-8 weeks in advance.
- Visits take place at a Compassion project or other suitable location. If possible, you’ll also visit your sponsored child’s home.
- While visiting your sponsored child, you'll need to pay for any expenses incurred, including transport, visit host, meals and accommodation.
- Visits usually take place Monday – Friday and are between 3 and 6 hours long.
If you’re interested, download our visits leaflet or get in touch with our Tours and Visits team.
Email our friendly team