Looking to get creative with the kids this summer? With Rio just around the corner, we’ve put together three simple sporty crafts that work for a range of ages.
Whether it’s at home, with your Sunday School or at a summer camp, they’re guaranteed to appeal to all those budding artists out there.
Race friends with this fun craft activity.
- A4 card or paper
- Felt tips, coloured pencils and/or crayons
- Coloured tissue (red, orange, yellow and gold)
- To make the torch base take a piece of A4 paper or card and decorate using felt tips, pencil or crayons.
- Turning the paper to a landscape position, roll into a cone from the left bottom corner, making sure your decoration is on the outside.
- Secure the cone with a couple of pieces of tape.
- Cut out flame shapes using the tissue paper.
- Carefully glue them to the inside of the cone. Top tip: layer up different sizes and colours to create a cool effect.
- Leave to dry and you’re ready to race!
Ring Toss Game
Test your accuracy with this fun game that’s easy to make.
- 6 paper plates
- 1 cardboard tube (from kitchen roll, tinfoil etc.)
- Paint or crayons
- Plain or coloured paper
- Create your rings by cutting out the centre from five of your paper plates. You may need an adult to help with this.
- Colour in your rings using paint or crayons.
- To make the stand, cut small slits in the bottom of the cardboard tube and flatten the ends. Tape down on the remaining plate to secure.
- You can then decorate the tube by covering it with decorated, coloured or wrapping paper.
- Once everything is dry, you’re ready to go! Can you get all five rings over the tube?
Paper Cup trophies
This craft is a winner!
- Two paper cups
- Felt tip pens or paint
- Decorate your cups using felt tips or paint and stickers. Leave to dry if needed.
- Turn one cup upside down and place the other on top (so their bases touch.) Use tape to secure them together.
- Cut two 20cm strips of card and use the tape to secure them to create handles.
- Cut out a small rectangle of card, write your name or the name of a friend and secure to the front with tape or glue.
We hope you have fun. Don’t forget to tweet a picture of your fantastic crafts to @compassionuk