Job Vacancy: Head of Partnerships
Job Vacancy: Head of Partnerships
Do you have a proven track record in sales and networking? Are you passionate about seeing children released from poverty in Jesus’ name? Does the opportunity to combine both, sound like the dream job for you? Compassion Ireland is recruiting for a National Partnerships Manager to establish, build, maintain and grow key relationships with existing and potential Church Partners and create innovative strategy to effectively deliver against agreed targets.
About Compassion Ireland
At the heart of Compassion’s ministry is a relentless passion to act on our faith and empower every child left vulnerable by poverty: a purpose embodied in the phrase “Releasing children from poverty in Jesus’ name”. Our work is Christ centred, child focused, and church based. You can read more about these principles and our history on our website.
Compassion Ireland forms part of the federated and partnership-based structure of Compassion International, however the organisation is an independent charity. In addition to this federated structure, Compassion UK, a separate entity, is contracted by Compassion Ireland for the delivery of marketing and back-office support services.
About the role
As Compassion Ireland’s Head of Partnerships, you will create innovative strategy to maximise the number of child sponsorships from churches and local events across Ireland. This role will allow you to utilise your strategic planning, excellent networking experience and confident public speaking to make a lasting difference to children living in poverty.
- Actively maintain and promote Compassion Ireland’s Christian ethos and values
- Create innovative strategy to develop and grow Compassion Ireland’s presence and sponsorships in the country
- Maximise the number of child sponsorships from churches and local events
- Maximise ‘beyond sponsorship’ income
- Work collaboratively with Compassion UK teams to effectively meet objectives
To flourish in this role, you’ll need:
- Sales and marketing experience with a proven track record of managing a sales process from beginning to end, generating opportunities, managing a portfolio of relationships, closing sales skills, and achieving sales targets.
- Excellent networking experience preferably with Church leaders (Traditional and non-traditional) with an understanding of the challenges they face in their ministries.
- Church leader experience with anunderstanding of the aspirations and challenges church leaders face in their ministries.
- To be a confident and effective public speaker with experience of preaching within Churches.
- To be educated to at least A level standard and/or be able to show relevant work-based experience in a results driven organisation.
- Core office/administrative skills. You must be fluent in English and competent in written and numerical work, with experience of basic office systems such as Microsoft Office.
- A full driving license.
It would help (but isn’t essential) to have:
- A proven track record of excellent persuasive telephone skills
- To have used a CRM or similar system
- Experience managing / supporting volunteers
We need you to be:
Personally committed to the Christian faith
There’s a genuine, legitimate and justified occupational requirement for the holder of this role to be a practising Christian, in order to promote Compassion Ireland’s religious ethos and help others to experience, explore and express the faith-based motivation of our work. This is in accordance with the exception set out in Section 37 (1) of the Employment Equality Acts 1998 to 2015.